Yield 1 loaf or 6 muffins
This is a marvelous GAPS and Paleo friendly bread recipe that works for savory and sweet loaves. I always double the recipe and freeze one for the future; these loaves travel well and lighten the burden of eating away from home.
• 2/3 C golden flaxseed meal
• 1/3 C almond meal (if nuts are not tolerated substitute more flax meal)
• 1.5 tsp baking powder
• Salt to taste (1/2 – 1 tsp)
• 3 tbsp olive oil, ghee or coconut oil (depending on the flavor you want)
• 2 eggs
• A little water if needed, don’t get it too wet! Applesauce works if it’s going to be a sweet bread
Sweet: add any or all: cinnamon, cardamom, poppy seeds, vanilla, chocolate chips, honey, chopped fruit, chopped dried fruit (raisins, apricots, nectarines, peaches, apples)
Savory: add any or all: dry or fresh herbs such as parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, chopped olives, small bits of cheese, toasted pine nuts, walnuts, pistachios
Preheat oven to 350°
Cut parchment paper to fit bottom of pan; lightly oil baking pan with ghee, olive oil or coconut oil; place parchment paper in bottom of oiled pan and lightly oil the paper. If making muffins, oil muffin tin, drop in 6 muffin papers and lightly oil.
Let cool for about 15 minutes in pan; then gently tap out loaf and let cool completely. Slice, add your favorite toppings or toast for a delectable crunch. Enjoy!
Recipe by Good Sense Health at https://goodsensehealth.com/a-bread-of-ones-own/